The Muslims of West Borneo under the leadership of Amir Pak Zaim Saidi are at the forefront of the reestablishment of Islam in our age, the report of which follows. The end to the enslavement of the Muslim masses does not require a jihad in the traditional sense but a struggle to obey Allah, restore Zakat, the fallen pillar of Islam – an empowered tax collection not a charity gift – and abolish usury. The way to that Islam whose pure source is Madinah, and which has not changed since the creation of that city, place of the deen, by our Master, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, is now open in West Borneo. May Allah restore the Ummah to its unified form and governance.
THE COMMUNITY OF SHAYKH DR. ABDALQADIR AS-SUFI – INDONESIA
The activities of our community are centred in three towns:
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- Tanjung Pinang, Bintan Island, Sumatra – 1 hour ferry from Singapore
- Ketapang, West Borneo – A small town 1 hour flight from Jakarta
We gather every week to recite Sura Yasin, the Noble Wird and Diwan of Shaykh Muhammad ibn al-Habib as well as the Qasida Burda. A discourse is given afterwards.
Occasional and regular classes as well as intensive courses, among others, on:
- The Entire City
- The Book of Amal
- Sultaniyya and the Return of the Khalifate
- General theme on Amal Ahlul Madinah and various aspects of Mu’amalah
COINNAGE AND JUM’A MOSQUE
- Dirham Coins
- Pulpit was replaced by Mimbar in Masjid Darussalam, Ketapang
Meals After Jum’a Prayer
BAYTUL MAL: ZAKAT COLLECTION AND DISTRIBUTION
Regular collection and distribution of zakat in Gold Dinar and Silver Dirham
Weekly (in Tanjung Pinang) and monthly open market (in Depok and Ketapang) with no rent, no tax and no riba. Dinar and Dirham are used as the medium of exchange. The recipients of the zakat come to the markets to spend their dirhams. Also general public who want to transact with silver and gold coins.
- Indonesian version of Root Islamic Education (Akar Pendidikan Islam)
- Indonesian version of Technique of the Coup de Banque (Teknik Kudeta Bank)
- Indonesian version of Sultaniyya (Sultaniyya)
- Indonesian version of Heidegger for Muslim (Heidegger for Muslim)
- Indonesian version of The Return of the Khalifate (Kembalinya Khalifah)
- Indonesian version of The Collapse of Monetarist Society and related papers (Krisis Finansial)
- Indonesian version of the Dismantling of Political Class and related articles (Melucuti Politisi)
- Indonesian version of Letter to An Arab Muslim (Pesan Kepada Muslim)
- Indonesian version of My Definition of State (Membongkar Sihir Negara by Shaykh Umar I Vadillo)
ESTABLISHMENT OF IMARET WAQF
The Imaret will be built in two area in Tanjung Pinang (Toapaya and Tembeling) and Ketapang (Kepala Delta Pawan). Waqf land are now available in Toapaya (3500 seq m ) and Tembeling (40.000 seq m) and in Ketapang (25.000 seq m).
VISION: A place of Remembrance of Allah. Muamalat. The Din. Futawwa. Fiqh. Koran. A place of sovereignty, sultanate, autonomy and enterprise. Of Service to the local community. Hospitality. The prophetic economy. Stewardship and husbandry. Guild structure. Budi Perketi (principles of civility) Berbakti pada Tanah (’to serve the land’). Of Leadership, Teaching and living, Husbandry, organic horticulture, permaculture, health, complementary medicine, health through diet, clinic. Enterprise workshops, eco tourism, alternative energy, natural materials, local economy. Muslim economy . Pesantren. Imaret and Kulliye models. Art and performance.
OTHER COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Martial Arts: Pencak Silat