12th May 2014
Dear Shaykh Abdalqadir as-Sufi,
We are currently half way through our one year Women’s Studies course and would very much like to have an additional nine students to attend the final part of the course. Prospective students should be between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, having completed their secondary education.
The second half of the year begins with Term Three on 30th June until 11th September and Term Four from 22nd September to 27th November.
In this second half of the curriculum we shall be covering the following subjects:
- The Fitnat-ul- Kubra which shall be taught by Hajja Aisha Bewley using the text ‘Defence against Disaster’ by Qadi Abu Bakr ibn al Arabi.
- The ‘Power Partner’, in which we explore the collaborative relationship possible within a marriage.
- Fitra Practices around Birth and Basic Midwifery, which examines traditional ways of looking after the mother and baby and the importance of natural childbirth.
- The Role of the Princess Amalia Elisabeth of Hesse-Cassel in the Thirty Years War.
- Women in Shakespeare. Through the study of specific plays we explore the diverse archetypal characters of women.
- A Study of Colette through the Work of Julia Kristeva.
Interested persons can find more information about the College and the full curriculum on our website www.ladyaisha.org. Applications can be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for your support.
With respectful regards,
160 Buitengract St, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Tel: +27 84 213 2250